Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jack Nazer Victor, Go the Stacey Team

Wow, can't wait to see this back on a track near me - any idea when & where that might be?
    I was overseas when this raced so have yet to have the pleasure of seeing it in action [hanging the tail out would be good!]

Hi Nigel, prob not for a couple of years sorry, but i can tell you the tail will be hangin out, yeeeehaaaa!

I can wait.

Hey Craig, have you finished restoring this thing yet? Whats taking so long? Just needs a quick polish from what I've seen.

[QUOTE=Steve Holmes;605]I don't think it did race again Bruce. And yes, it was a good price, considering around this time a front running Sports Sedan such as Wayne Huxfords V8 Capri or Inky Tullochs similar car were lapping Manfeild in around 70 - 72 seconds, as a complete package it would have been hard to beat.

But it didn't sell, and it got even cheaper. Here it is still for sale in 1983, less engine
    I believe the engine went into Ray Wrights Commodore speedway saloon

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Hey Craig, have you finished restoring this thing yet? Whats taking so long? Just needs a quick polish from what I've seen.
    It's nearly 18 months now. What progress to date. Gis a look at least.

Journeyman Racer
    Teretonga Park - January 1977
    Name:  Cossack Victor (Nazer) a.jpg
Views: 1361
Size:  137.6 KBName:  Cossack Victor (Nazer).jpg
Views: 1166
Size:  110.7 KB

Nazer Victor Photos

Name:  Jac Nazer Puke 1976.jpg
Views: 1185
Size:  112.7 KB

Name:  Jack Nazer Puke 1976 .jpg
Views: 1380
Size:  117.4 KB

Name:  Nazer VictBaypark1975.jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  117.9 KB

Did the Victor race briefly with no signage on the side, between the Brambles and Cossack sponsorship? Or is it just the sun has made the lettering hard to see?

Brambles had 63 on the side.
    No sign writing has 1 on it with the word SHELL on front of bonnet.
    With Cossack ,1 stayed, SHELL now not there ( see colour pic.)
    So there was that time in between sponsors.

Thanks John, well spotted with the numbers. To have the number 1 meant he must have won the championship, so this would be either at the end of the 1976 season, or the start of the 1977 season?

Weekend Warrior
    Australia/Melbourne/ex pat Kiwi/Halswell/Christchurch
    Hi Stacey brothers I was wondering how the rebuild is going on the ex Jack Nazer Victor.
    It will be great to see it racing again in its current condition or restored.
    Nothing replaces the good old days keep it up.