Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shaker Run Car Chase Scene

The studio was in Nikau St in Auckland. I remember seeing the actual car on a trailer parked out front. In fact at the beginning of the movie they are racing around Eden terrace where the studio is/was.
    I'm trying to collect old 70's car movies like Bullit, American Graffiti, Two Lane Blacktop, Vanishing Point etc but can't find a copy of Shaker Run.

Quote Originally Posted by Growler View Post
    The studio was in Nikau St in Auckland. I remember seeing the actual car on a trailer parked out front. In fact at the beginning of the movie they are racing around Eden terrace where the studio is/was.
    I'm trying to collect old 70's car movies like Bullit, American Graffiti, Two Lane Blacktop, Vanishing Point etc but can't find a copy of Shaker Run.
    Yep can be hard to find a copy locally but they are available on E bay. Tom built two cars for the movie, one the close up car which ended up in Japan and the other the main stunt car, which was sold off after filming finished minus motor and was re powered with a 327 chev and painted black and red by it's third owner, tracked it too Hellensville and then Thames before losing the trail. Apparently a couple of owners thought they could make it into a race car , only problem was ; even though it had a substantial roll cage system it was all made from heavy walled exhaust tubing and to remove it would have meant splitting the body back off the floor pan. But who knows maybe it did become a race car or perhaps some one still has it sitting in a garage.
    The original American script for Shaker Run had the hero car down as a Chevy Nova and the baddie chased it in a Ferrari through France. Final scene had the Nova doing a jump into the back of a Hercules cargo plane as it takes off.