Isn't lateral thinking a great thing. We started discussing the provenance of a rather sharp looking 'homebuilt' special.....got into a discussion as to how its name was spelt....now were into 12 foot Parkercraft with trailers that aren't homebuilt but never the less the LTSA thinks they are, so it's no wonder that when we try and trace the history of car, the Government Dept that is responsible for all this is no help. I think I'll just go back to my knitting!! The comment on the ruinous duties of our neighbours reminds me of an chap here in Cambridge who had built a rather nice Jaguar D type replica with assistance from the manufacturer in the Sth Island. He wanted to sell the car but there were no takers in NZ but managed to find a buyer in Oz. To avoid all these duties and to get the car into the country, he had to completely dismantle the car and send it to purchaser in pieces. I think he then followed the car over and reassembled it. Sounds crazy to me but I think thats how it goes. Reminds me of a Dick Emery skit where Dick is talking to a friend about a dodgy mate of his who has been 'eliminated'. The friend says' I hope he is resting in peace' Dick replies ' He is resting in PIECES my friend' !!!!! There you go, lateral thinking again.