Thread: Roll cages

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've given up on an MSNZ approved cage Bruce. I've been advised to pull my head in, though I am by profession, one who is paid to challenge systems, processes, methods (and people!) for the overall betterment and survival of the institution/company/organisation. It is what I do best and have enough experience to know that regardless, I can only say my piece and I don't actually have the power to change anything.

At the end of the day, those in a position of authority use that authority as they see fit and no amount of advice, suggestion, logic, precedence, common-sense, contrary to their rulings, from other parties either from within or outside the organisation, may change them.

I have seen many manufacturing companies with tremendous potential, fall over because the owners refused to listen to professional advice, and I have seen similar companies prosper, because they did listen. You only have to watch some of the Gordon Ramsey/Hotel Inspector type of programmes to understand what I mean.

I have tried to open up a debate that I thought needed airing and I believe that to have been of value to some people and thorn in the side of others.

Many thanks to all those who have emailed me privately, rung me, talked to me or been involved in the practicalities and a big thank you to Crunch for trying to go to bat for me too, but so far, without a positive outcome.

The issue is far from over, but as far as public debate is concerned, this is my last post on this message board on the subject. It has gone on too long, has raised important issues and identified problems that may or may not be addressed by those in a position to effect change.

My closing comment however is just to remind you of the old saying "For evil to prosper, it just requires good men to do nothing".
    Last edited by ERC; 04-06-2013 at 10:27 PM. Reason: typo....