Bruce. I have already stated that it was an oversight that the paperwork wasn't lodged, even though photographs were submitted to MSNZ back in 2006 and accepted. Communications to MSNZ have been AFTER the rule change, re the main hoop.

Several emails were sent to MSNZ and all bar one recieved neither acknowledgement nor response. The one response was that I didn't need a cage for clubsport events, which is totally missing the point. The other suggestion was to remove it - old ground again.

I rang MSNZ technical and was told quite curtly that as the cage did not meet the current regs, then it could not be passed, but I would need an engineers report and if that showed the cage would conform to the required tests, then it could be homologated. The results are as shown above. The engineer was adamant that even if built to the MSNZ design with the 44mm tube, it would still fail the free form test. I am repeating myself here, but as my cage has an extra two bars over and above the MSNZ requirement based on their approved design, I am shocked that it needs so many extra bars (impossible to fit now the car is almost ready for the road) that the whole thing sinks to the level of farce.