Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand Festival Of Motor Racing (2013)

New Zealand Festival Of Motor Racing (2013)

New thread here guys for discussing this years NZFMR. Below are the programme times for the various races and demonstration laps etc for the firs weekend. Looks like its going to be a big one!

Timetable for the second weekend.

Semi-Pro Racer
    It would be good to have a 'get together' at HD with other members of this Forum so we can 'put faces to names'. Would someone who is more familiar with the venue than I am like to nominate a place?

The HMC marquee is going to be the easiest meeting point. While on the subject of other forum members, and I don`t want to start a shit fight, but all of us on here should consider paying an annual fee, I don`t know say $75, to help support Steve Holmes and his great work behind the scenes for all the members benefit of all classic and historic racing around the planet, not just in running this website, but all the little bits that go unseen - and unrewarded. I think it`s a small price to pay when you look at the big picture.

Other than we charge just $50 for ERC Series membership and it includes a great annual dinner...! (Happy for Steve to come along for free though!)

I'm heading across the ditch from Sydney for the second weekend, and hanging around Auckland for the NZ Air Show on the Monday 28th at North Shore Airfield.
    It should be a good long weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by fullnoise68 View Post
    The HMC marquee is going to be the easiest meeting point. While on the subject of other forum members, and I don`t want to start a shit fight, but all of us on here should consider paying an annual fee, I don`t know say $75, to help support Steve Holmes and his great work behind the scenes for all the members benefit of all classic and historic racing around the planet, not just in running this website, but all the little bits that go unseen - and unrewarded. I think it`s a small price to pay when you look at the big picture.
    I'm with you Steve, the hours of enjoyment I've had from this site is immeasurable and what you are suggesting is a very good deal. One pays that amount or more to the banks for credit card "account maintenance"!!!!!

...all of us on here should consider paying an annual fee, I don`t know say $75, to help support Steve Holmes and his great work behind the scenes...
    This idea was mooted some time ago, and I for one responded that it was a great idea. I think it was suggested at the time that Steve let us all know what he wanted to do, and what kind of fee / donation was appropriate. Steve, perhaps you are reluctant to 'ask' for money, but you need to provide us with some guidance here.

I would favour a donation scheme, only because the membership of the Forum varies from retirees on fixed incomes, to successful business people with the ability to donate more. The suggestion of $75 paid by 640 members would provide $48,000. Steve, what do you need to keep the Forum running successfully? Let us know, and maybe set up an account where we can make deposits.

Journeyman Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty5 View Post
    I'm with you Steve, the hours of enjoyment I've had from this site is immeasurable and what you are suggesting is a very good deal. One pays that amount or more to the banks for credit card "account maintenance"!!!!!
    What he said

OK, thanks guys, I really appreciate the gesture. Oldfart (Rhys) created a thread for this a few months ago also. He likened it to paying a magazine subscription. Certainly, this website would be a whole lot better and have a lot more great stuff on it if I had more time to dedicate to it. And time is money. Essentially, I'm doing all this for free. I love it a lot, but it is time consuming. But for now this site is safe and it ain't going anywhere, at least not until my enthusiasm runs out!

I hate asking for money, and I won't do it. But as you guys have raised this point, I'll let everyone make their own minds up.

So, if anyone wants to make a donation, you choose the figure, and email me at: theroaringseason@gmail.com It would be much appreciated.

In the mean time, we better get this thread back on track, before the moderator kicks all our arses: The 2013 NZFMR.

Semi-Pro Racer
    I emailed the event organisers last week about the tickets stating that the gates open (for spectators) at 9am, which happens to be when racing starts.
    Apparently the gates will be open a little earlier, but please don't turn up at 7am!

I`d say if you want a good carpark, and not be in traffic jams and gate queues, 7am might be a good time to at least be there!

Does anyone know if an entry list has been released yet?
    Quite often event organisers release an event schedule and entry list in the week leading up to the event.

I`d say if you want a good carpark, and not be in traffic jams and gate queues, 7am might be a good time to at least be there!
    Yep 'Snooze you loose' be at your site for breakie ah Steve.

Rod, I see you can have a cooked breakfast each morning at the Pavillion building in the pits for $14.50 between 7am and 9am. Pretty good deal really. Just a short stroll from my bus!
    Last edited by fullnoise68; 01-15-2013 at 02:53 AM.

For a couple of bucks they could deliver it to you Mr fullnoise, Breakfast in bed. It doesn't get any better than that.

I`ll be outside waiting for them to open Bruce, I won`t be able to sleep, I just want to do some skids!

I`ll be outside waiting for them to open Bruce, I won`t be able to sleep, I just want to do some skids!
    Steve we discussed this way back in the 80's straight line is quickest.

I had an entry list a few days ago, but am somewhat hors de combat at the moment... About 343 entrants

If the pedestrian entrance isn't open, your ticket should get you in the driver's paddock entrance - but not your car. I'll aim for breakfast at the track - if I am allowed to drive by then...

Chris Watson said at Taupo last weekend that ticket sales are 200% ahead of last year - sounds like it will be a great couple of weekends.