Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand Festival Of Motor Racing (2013)

More from Last Sunday - Group A etc this time...........
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Can-Am

Sports/GT

Formula Ford/Tasman/Junior etc

Name:  213_0125_242.JPG
Views: 694
Size:  50.3 KB

This doesn't look like Paul Radisich - or Paul Halford, so can anyone confirm who the driver is?
    Name:  213_0126_165.JPG
Views: 688
Size:  53.3 KB

Name:  213_0126_361.JPG
Views: 715
Size:  60.9 KB

Name:  213_0126_395.JPG
Views: 694
Size:  53.7 KB

Greeta Hulme leads the MG parade. Great lady!
    Name:  213_0126_414.JPG
Views: 725
Size:  53.7 KB
    Last edited by ERC; 01-30-2013 at 08:18 AM.

Just spent about an hour reading through the thread. Its wonderful to know the event attracts such interest and praise. We are aware that searching for perfection is a tough game, but we try every year to make the event a bit better than the last.

We have been inundated with some really nice messages and comments about the Denny Hulme events, and we just wanted to say back, officially..

Thank You.

Great forum by the way. Off for a look in some of the other threads now.

Cheers all,

Richard Gee
    NZFMR Director
    Last edited by Richard Gee; 01-31-2013 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Gee View Post
    Just spent about an hour reading through the thread. Its wonderful to know the event attracts such interest and praise. We are aware that searching for perfection is a tough game, but we try every year to make the event a bit better than the last.

We have been inundated with some really nice messages and comments about the Denny Hulme events, and we just wanted to say back, officially..

Thank You.

Cheers all,

Richard Gee
    NZFMR Director

You finally found your way to TRR and first post for you Richard, great to have you on here, this is were all the action is mate!!

Dale M

Journeyman Racer
    Congratulations Richard and your team for a great event. I have been to race meetings in Europe, England, and Australia, this one would be one of the best for atmosphere, cars and drivers. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing.
    Wonderful to see so many top photos to bring back memories. I can't wait for next years meeting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Gee View Post

Thank You.

Cheers all,

Richard Gee
    NZFMR Director

Nice to catch up with you Richard. Although I wasn't racing (perhaps as well with a crook shoulder!) I also thought the atmosphere was great. For me, it made a change having the time to actualy chat to people and take pics.

Looking forward to next year's Ferrari celebration. I doubt we'll get as many overseas drivers in 2014 but the overall costs of bringing a car to NZ from Europe in their winter, racing at two or three or even four events, is probably better value cashwise for them and gives them more track time than a whole season in the northern hemisphere, so maybe we need to market these festivals overseas even harder than we already do - and it also brings in tourist dollars!
    For us locals, seeing so many overseas cars is the real highlight and for the overseas visitors, they love to see our cars.

Like Beowulf, I have spectated at many circuits, and Hampton Downs and Goodwood are head and shoulders above the rest. I wouldn't go back to Monaco though. The glamour does not make up for being coralled in one section of the track nor the programme which has 10 minutes of racing followed by 45 minutes of inactivity.

NZ runs race meetings far better than the Europe and the UK - and they are better value for both drivers and spectators.