Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: New Zealand Festival Of Motor Racing (2013)

According to my "poor mans" TV guide the Denny Hulme Festival of Motor Racing is on TV3 Sport Sunday(tomorrow the 14th) from 4pm to 5pm, i have no idea what the format is but should be interesting, i'll be watching as i don't have "Rich Mans" sky TV so no Supertaxis for me

Dale M

Semi-Pro Racer
    You can watch the supertaxis on Prime [ as it was yesterday] from 3.00pm to 4.30pm & again from 5.30pm to 7.00pm, so just have to juggle the remote from 4.00pm til 4.30pm..... dont need sky..

Dale- yes just saw you doing battle with Kevin, Angus and Woody on TV3.

World Champion
    Yes, and all lovely clean passing you notice!!!!!!!Can be done, so long as everyone is looking in their mirrors.

Even the great Jody Schecter said.......'some of these drivers think their mirrors are for shaving'.........amen to that!!

Quote Originally Posted by AMCO72 View Post
    Yes, and all lovely clean passing you notice!!!!!!!Can be done, so long as everyone is looking in their mirrors.

Even the great Jody Schecter said.......'some of these drivers think their mirrors are for shaving'.........amen to that!!
    Indeed Gerald. And where did that huge ding in the side of the Gimblett Camaro come from, was that another day? Or maybe better off not spoken of? A racing incident..... I thought of the 3 races shown in the meagre 23 minutes HMC was easily the best show. And as for Woody's slides. +5!

Journeyman Racer
    In the latest Classic and Sports Car mag, April issue, there is a write up and pictures from this meeting. Including a picture of Angus and Dale. Page 20. Also some eye watering cars for sale. Another Lotto ticket.

World Champion
    Thanks for that Beowulf.......the advantages of having the local news agent who is also a motorsport enthusiast.

I like the description that accompanies the picture........quote.....'Angus Fogg was trying everything he knew to pull off an upset with his Cooper S. He even nudged his front wing during one audacious overtaking move'.......

'Nudged'......what a glorious word. According to the Concise Oxford....'to prod gently to attract attention; a light touch or push!!!!!!!
    A bit different from Murray Maunders...quote.....'a huge ding in the side of the Gimlet Camaro'.

I'm sure Murray there was fault on both sides, certainly according to a number of amateur photographers who witnessed the 'nudge', and that the Jury is out on that one. The thing is that Mr Gimlet could have swept past the Cooper S on the straight with ease, so there was no need to get defensive in that corner.

As Howard says, he works his arse off getting ahead in the twisty bits, then come the straights its all over, with all that bellowing horse-power swallowing you up..........
    .....Do horses 'bellow'......maybe it should be 'neighing'.!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by AMCO72; 04-30-2013 at 02:42 AM. Reason: spelling

Gerald, his name is Kevin Gimblett, and the damage to his door required a new door skin, so hardly `just a dent'.

World Champion
    My apology for the incorrect spelling. I have an idea that two drivers had 'had a go' at that door. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I cant find anywhere that I said it was 'just a dent' I was repeating what the caption to the picture said.

Arrrr come on you guys!! get with the program!! Gimbletts door leap out and damaged the front of the Mini, same with John English in the Camaro, as his left rear also damaged the front of the Mini and Pete Stevensons RH of his Mustang got in the way and leap back to also damage the front of the Mini again, all over the same weekend!! Hmmm im thinking im gonna have to "ban" these 3 vehicles!! infact the next time Angus is in with HMC i may hold all the HMC cars back so no one else leaps in front again, still!! didn't stop the concrete barrier leaping out in front of the same Mini at the same event? thats it BAN all the HMC drivers and concrete barriers!!!

Over and OUT

Dale M

World Champion
    Yeh Dale.......different driver in the concrete episode......Must be the Mini.......ban the bloody Mini!!!!!!! LoL
    Bring on the CHEVY MONZA.........yee ha

Definitely.......OVER & OUT !!!!!!![no LoL]
    Last edited by AMCO72; 04-30-2013 at 09:11 AM.

Can we ban the concrete barriers at Pukekohe so the track can drain better?

Quote Originally Posted by AMCO72 View Post
    Bring on the CHEVY MONZA.........yee ha
    Shit stirrer(with LOL's).

Dale M

Just received the May/June copy of Vintage Motorsport here in USA, great article on the festival by David Hutson (your buddy, Bruce302?) with some really sharp photos.

Grant, Indeed the writer/photographer is a friend, but he did a great job promoting the festival. Hopefully it will lead to a lot more interest from international entrants and visitors. Oh and he fell in love with the Ford Anglia while he was here.
    I think they allowed 4 pages for the event instead of the usual 2.

Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Ellwood View Post
    Just received the May/June copy of Vintage Motorsport here in USA, great article on the festival by David Hutson (your buddy, Bruce302?) with some really sharp photos.

A few of my favorites from the festival.Name:  php7cWjaTPM.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  93.0 KBName:  php89TuJ4PM.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  114.0 KBName:  phpAiA85NPM.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  126.0 KBName:  phpIJVRMYPM.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  87.9 KBName:  phpJjsyELPM.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  127.4 KBName:  phpJlIzNuPM.jpg
Views: 563