Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand Festival Of Motor Racing (2013)

FJ, F3 + FF
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Was the McBegg running Sunday and if so any photos? Anyone know what the problem was on Saturday?

Absolutely beautiful photos guys, thanks to everyone who has contributed, both with photos and details of the event. I checked this thread on Sunday night when I reached my motel, and in the 2.5 days since, its had nearly 1,500 page views! Amazing, and clearly hugely popular.

Steve, do you know how many views on the HMC thread over the last few days? I see the total is sitting on a massive 48K! Seems the musclecars were showstoppers. The HMC YouTube has had a good number of views with quite a few in Aus and UK.

Had to love the impressive F5000 turnout and hope for better support in the future for CanAm. Is Tony's M8E/F going to be running this weekend. Question mark on the McLaren Trust M8A too.
    Last edited by Murray Maunder; 01-23-2013 at 04:18 AM.

can am runners on Sunday morning... not the best photo but taken from an apartment balcony with an ultra zoom compact Canon!

Name:  canam runners HD jan 2013.jpg
Views: 864
Size:  87.3 KB

and whats the history of this old McLaren that was sitting in the pits...??

Name:  old Mclaren canam.jpg
Views: 906
Size:  94.1 KB

I'll try and find out this weekend - unless someone comes up with an answer.

There is a very rare, early McLaren F1 car (in bits), recently imported into NZ too.

Group A...etc

Group A - continued

Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post

There is a very rare, early McLaren F1 car (in bits), recently imported into NZ too.
    Any idea which model? M7 please

Fantastic thanks Nigel

Nigel, if you are near F5000 No. 16 please come and catch up, would love to meet you. (have some questions for you, about old days) cheers.
    Well off to pack bag and on road first thing in morning, ye ha another weekend of history and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    Nigel, if you are near F5000 No. 16 please come and catch up, would love to meet you. (have some questions for you, about old days) cheers.
    Well off to pack bag and on road first thing in morning, ye ha another weekend of history and fun.
    Rod, sorry but I wont be there this weekend. At the risk of being excommunicated, hung drawn & quartered, spit roasted etc - I'm off to Taupo to see the wild bunch [CMC] and pre '65's

Quote Originally Posted by faminz View Post
    and whats the history of this old McLaren that was sitting in the pits...??

Name:  old Mclaren canam.jpg
Views: 906
Size:  94.1 KB
    Hi Brett,

I was told that it was the only surviving M8B (one of only two) and that a gentleman in the South Island has purchased it and is getting Duncan Fox to rebuild it for him.

Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post

Can you give us any clues as to which model F1 it might be. Would love to see an M7 or an M14 in this country.

I'd need to speak to the owner before I divulged too much publically. I'll ask him tomorrow or Saturday all being well.

I'll be taking pics Friday/Saturday so if anyone hasn't had a pic taken yet and wants one, better post on here with car number/class... Just remember I don't have media accreditation so I can only take pics from the public areas - and I'll need a lie down or two during the day when the pain gets too much for me when the morning morphine wears off!