Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened to all the Breadvan Anglia's?

Journeyman Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 45DCOE View Post
    Looks like Trevor Eve. My brother use to operate Seatourn Service Station in Wellington and helped construct Dave Jurie's Anglia.

The other fastback is probably Gary Huxford's.
    Quite correct, I didn't caption them because Dave McKinney obviously doesn't sleep and need some stimulation.
    I was a sometime customer at Seatour S/S depending on when payday fell. Is your brother GY or CN? The latter had an anglia himself if I remember correctly. Knew the Jurie family well, pity Dave had an attraction to trees.

Quote Originally Posted by ElCoyote View Post
    Quite correct, I didn't caption them because Dave McKinney obviously doesn't sleep and need some stimulation.
    I was a sometime customer at Seatour S/S depending on when payday fell. Is your brother GY or CN? The latter had an anglia himself if I remember correctly. Knew the Jurie family well, pity Dave had an attraction to trees.
    My brother is GY, he was interested in the images you posted. Think CN had a 'bobtail' Cooper (?) sports cars then a Valour FJ. Keep posting the images !

Journeyman Racer
    Might be swimming upstream here but didn't John Ward have a fastback which I either didn't see or overlooked in this thread

dont think we have a pic of that car

Quote Originally Posted by 105angria View Post
    dont think we have a pic of that car
    John Ward shared the ex Paul Fahey fastback with Rod Coppins and was painted red. There are some pic on the forum.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Name:  Breadvans.jpg
Views: 1525
Size:  168.8 KB
    Last edited by markec; 01-19-2012 at 01:14 AM.

excuse the dumb question from a winjun pom but why did the anglias get the fast back body line?
    I recall the Sebring austin healey / lenham sprite cars had a fastback addition
    we couldn't use this sort of body shape modification on our saloon cars as we had a rule that specified the silouhette could not be changed
    wide aches could be added as they didn't alter the side view and spoilers where allowed within a creation dimension
    we could add rear "wing" on the boot lid unto half the height of rear wind so long as it was attached toe the whole of the boot lid

There is a Gp 5 BMW 320 that raced in germany that had a rear window made into a larger area for aerodynamics to create a fastback effect
    Yes I know Im behind you guys, i like warm beer and it rains a lot here too.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Improved the aerodynamics, therefore made them faster in a straight line

where they actually faster ?
    I know back then the car makers didn't have wind tunnels so some things where hit n miss like the Stiletto coupe looked sleeker than the Imp but it needed a rear wing on the boot to flick up the air as it created turbulence behind the boot
    Yes I know Im behind you guys, i like warm beer and it rains a lot here too.

cleans up the tubulance created by the cutback rear window, add in a roof chop probably quite effective,

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by driftwood View Post
    where they actually faster ?
    I know back then the car makers didn't have wind tunnels so some things where hit n miss like the Stiletto coupe looked sleeker than the Imp but it needed a rear wing on the boot to flick up the air as it created turbulence behind the boot
    I think I read somewhere that Fahey's car went 15 to 20 mph faster

Semi-Pro Racer
    My memory (from the time) was that someone worked out that if you drew a graph of maximum speed against bhp, an Anglia would hit a "brick wall" at 125mph. The early (Fahey, Simpson, Nazer) twincam cars no doubt went faster than that

The same theory said a Mini hit the same "brick wall" at 115mph. I wonder what improvements the Minisprints enjoyed?

Weekend Warrior
    Not sure on the Minisprints, but when the Broadspeed Mini was born they pretty much would guarantee 8-10 MPH+ in top speed

Name:  199840262_full.jpg
Views: 1362
Size:  43.8 KB

Paul Fahey Fastback Anglia image from another forum.

Journeyman Racer
    Huxford,s it is. Fascinating to look through that old program. Someone raced a Standard 10??! The Holden is Mcpherson who then raced an EH,and now I know that the Cortina was Barry Phillips. Thanks, now I know who the drivers are from that meeting as I coudn't remember from all those years ago!

Journeyman Racer
    Sorry for any confusion. I was refering to the post on the 1st page of this thread that had the Levin program displayed. I should not have had that last can!!

Journeyman Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 45DCOE View Post
    Name:  199840262_full.jpg
Views: 1362
Size:  43.8 KB

Paul Fahey Fastback Anglia image from another forum.
    Welcome back Steve, are you going to Bathurst? I have 2 tickets spare for Sunday only. PH

Will be at Bathurst Garage Suite 13. Check email in this forum.

Gary Huxford - Alex Wilson

Found this awesome image at LevinName:  Anglia-page-001.jpg
Views: 1179
Size:  70.6 KBAlex in the original Hybird 100E/105E and Gary in Breadvan Anglia