Thread: Castrol GTX And Production Racing Camaro's

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I remember mooching around the car yards back in the day, and on the front row at Monaco Motors in Greenlane were two black Camaros, both supposedly race cars. I can't recall who they had been raced by but more than likely they were GTX/production cast offs It would have been around 1978. Maybe one was the McKee/Allen car.

You would most likely be correct, one of them certainly would have been the Richards/ Bunce car as it was in Auckland after the 77 season until 1982 or there about driving around the street. Colour Black with silver stripes ....
    Did you test drive them Bruce ?

I seem to recall that Richards was mentioned in connection with one of the cars. Unfortunately I didn't get to drive either of those.
    There was a nice LS-6 4 speed Chevelle lurking near the back. I did take that for a spin.

Quote Originally Posted by Spgeti View Post
    You would most likely be correct, one of them certainly would have been the Richards/ Bunce car as it was in Auckland after the 77 season until 1982 or there about driving around the street. Colour Black with silver stripes ....
    Did you test drive them Bruce ?