Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Castrol GTX And Production Racing Camaro's

World Champion
    Well, it started of as a 20 odd minute clip of the first couple of stages of the 87 Rally of NZ, which led to clips of the 78 RNZ, 19, then 77 RNZ, which led to the heats of the televised Rally Sprint from Mystery Creek in 77, the poster of which is a rotary fan and had posted this.

Hi Sean, fantastic video. I owned the Tulloch Camaro for near on 26 years from 1979 and I have never seen a video of the car. The Farrar Camaro is still racing today and Inky owns the famed Tulloch Camaro today. Back where it should be and we are very pleased with that.

Cheers
    Bruce
    Last edited by Spgeti; 10-21-2016 at 06:14 AM.

Bruce- funny how these names come up- the Monaro block (and other things ) went to Robbie Farrar in 1976. He still had it when I got it from him 3 years ago

The funny thing is John that so many of these cars were converted back to road cars and in some cases lost forever. I am always amazed that some of the parts off these cars are still out there and discovered.

Yep- have found 3 wheel for the Monaro, one is still out there.......somewhere,like the rear wing.
    Remember seeing on trademe the tacho-apparently the real deal said the seller- off the Alphetta Sat for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Spgeti View Post
    The Crown Court Car, Art McKee's 75/76 winning car was sold to Doug Allen for the 76/77 season, painted Black and then dissapeared in 1978. I believe it is in the Hawkes Bay area now.
    The photo above is the Tulloch Camaro when it was first bought into the country. The car was then repainted in Red and Gold with the USA coloured # 1 on it.
    The McKee/Allen Camaro left Hawkes Bay in May 1985 and came to Gisborne, Tony Davidson bough it. I bough it off Tony in 2004 and still have it. When I got the car of Tony he told me that on certain angles you can see some sign writing under the black paint. It wasn't to a few years later we were rubbing it down to paint it and found all the writing still on it and started researching it history.
    Last edited by jonnoz28; 02-21-2020 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spgeti View Post
    The first photo is of Inky Tulloch in his 70 1/2 RS Z/28. This is an early photo and the car was painted Citrus Green with Black stripes.
    I owned this car for 23 years and sold it in 2003. Ian now owns the car.
    The Bunce car is how I remember it prior to its sale to Cliff Pilling. I was offered it to buy but the engine was swaped and I believed it to be a 327 and withdrew my interest. Cliff was very disappointed after the purchase to discover that as it was not cheap. Still had the long range tank in the boot and the Corvette discs on the front. Still was a wicked machine.
    I will write more re the Tulloch car re its history soon. Cheers Bruce
    Yes the 327 was replaced by a good 350 by Cliff and me and rest is of course history. Great car. Love this pic.

[QUOTE=Steve Holmes;29084]I recently found these on my computer, Castrol GTX racing Camaro's. Kicking off here is Art McKee's championship winning car from the 1976 season.

Name:  currently.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  145.1 KB
    this is what Arts old car looks like now.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by jonnoz28; 03-25-2022 at 03:53 AM.