Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
Maybe I am the first to be a bit hesitant? As a newcomer to NZ (30 years ago!), much that is of interest to those who have been around longer is of little interest to me. Several threads therefore don't get read. I already subscribe to 5 or six magazines a month and currently I have difficulty in keeping up with reading them all. Now work and income has dried up a fair bit, then cost starts to come into it, especially with a winter cruising habit to feed.

My main reason for participating in this board is as a discussion board as like several others, I work on my own and it replaces the lunch room chat.

However, I too have invested a fair but of time scanning and posting photographs for the enjoyment and education of others (probably to the detriment of keeping my own websites up to date - it is addictive!).

Either this site is primarily a message board with occasional articles, or is an on line magazine with a larger contribution from readers, or it is the home page for HMC.

If it is primarily for articles, then it has to stack up against my other paid for reading material and has to be assessed as to what I am to get out of those articles. Currently, at least one paid for magazine has to go and although I am willing to pay for access to this site, I am not sure that attracting new members will be as easy in the future. If I was to pay for this site, then the first casualty would immediately be NZ Classic Car magazine.

One option Steve, is to share some of the workload by appointing moderators to "keep it clean" and maybe increase advertising revenue.

I am not too sure how many people currently contribute and how much of an income you'd therefore get. To be honest, I'd rather support it through a more substantial (annual) contribution from our race series, in return for a bit more of a mention in your articles away from this board of course!!!
Thanks Ray, its good to get feedback from bothsides. I want to hear both from those for and against the idea, as this is whatthe final decision would be based on.