Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Roaring Season Questionnaire: Please Read And Reply

Thanks guys, I appreciate the support. The biggest issue in making this a pay subscription site is not the guys who've said they won't pay, but the people who've not said anything at all. Although there has been a good response both on here and through private emails to me from those happy to pay, there hasn't been nearly enough response for me to know if by taking that step I won't jeopardize the site. Even though in a way I have nothing to lose by trying it, given the site really doesn't generate any income, I've put nearly 2 years of work into it, and I don't really want to risk that.

So at this stage I'll need to build the finances through other means, such as advertising, and the offer made by John at SPR Models, which itself could prove quite beneficial if enough people get in behind it.

World Champion
    no brainer Steve- I'm in

Weekend Warrior
    I certainly don't have a problem with an anual subscription!
    Let me know the bank acc number.
    PK.

World Champion
    I am in.

Hi steve, I have been preaching the roaring season all over south canterbury, and only last week informed mark and leo leonard of it.im with all of the above mate,45 is no wories, I have search sites all over the world, and none have the history that trs has to offer.keep up the excellent work.

No probs Steve ......... you have made us all a bit younger re igniting the internal youth fire of a couple seasons gone by , not to mention the beautiful piks etc......... Steve please put yr deposit bank number up here as it has been lost ?????/ or would you please E mail me . thinking about it ... probably best here if it suits as we can all get it ?? THANK YOU STEVE
    Last edited by Grant Sprague; 10-28-2013 at 01:01 AM.

Count me in Steve.

Count me in Steve. Us Asians gotta stick together mate!

Well, that explains some of the behavour changes Twony, aww you go fass ina saffee carr.

Wow you guys, how did you find this old thread? Thanks for the kind words, and the offers, but after much consideration, I decided against this option, as there were a few who were anti the idea, and I couldn't be sure of gaining enough subscriptions to make it work.

Steve , I am not going to judge any one here but surley if we here have an option to help & donate that would be our choice , some others might not feel they can & thats ok as well ????? Thanks Steve

Heh heh, I could save a hell of a lot if I bought magazine subscriptions, instead of just buying them willy-nilly...I would be prepared to make a random donation every now and again for the benefit of all, but not a formal subscription. I feel that to actually make enough to make it worthwhile, you really need quite a big site...and then you lose some of what makes this site so good!

Journeyman Racer
    Steve,
    Congratulations on a wonderful site. I pay $200 + to enter a race meeting, I hate to think how much I spend on motorsport over a season. $50 is money well spent. Hell I would pay that for Russ's comments alone. Great site, just so much knowledge.

I'm in as well. The quality and quantity of pics, let alone discussions on various cars/drivers etc makes it a must. It's one of my favourite sites along with TNF. $50 or so is nothing compared to what I spend on mags and books annually..............

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the support. The biggest issue in making this a pay subscription site is not the guys who've said they won't pay, but the people who've not said anything at all. Although there has been a good response both on here and through private emails to me from those happy to pay, there hasn't been nearly enough response for me to know if by taking that step I won't jeopardize the site. Even though in a way I have nothing to lose by trying it, given the site really doesn't generate any income, I've put nearly 2 years of work into it, and I don't really want to risk that.

So at this stage I'll need to build the finances through other means, such as advertising, and the offer made by John at SPR Models, which itself could prove quite beneficial if enough people get in behind it.
    Steve

It's over 19 months since the last post on this matter and I'm curious about how you've got on.
    I visit TRS every day, get a lot from it and are quite prepared to put my hand in my pocket (or in my wife's handbag) to help keep it going if necessary. I'd be very upset if the site folded.

Anyway, just asking for an update.

David Hunter