Thread: SFOS 2013- Photos/Videos from Ruapuna/Levels/Teretonga

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Racer Rog View Post
    I think that this where Dale Steve and Tony have it right, the Skope Classic is certainally not that, there was good racing in some classes, but mis-matched fields, a modern GT3 Porker, a classic muscle car, I think not, I know thats it hard to get a full field, but I think, organizers just have to say NO to some, Skope, IMHO fails to address, their interest is full grids of sort look like a classic car, as its their biggest cash cow of the year.The best grid at the meeting was the Formula Juniors, and I guess it will be a while before we see them again.
    Roger

Yeah i know aht you are saying, however I looked at it from a different view.
    Full grids of different cars and a "run what you brung" type format was good to watch. i know what you say about the porsche , but to me the entertainment was further back down the feild
    We flew down for the 3 days and il go again next year

Quote Originally Posted by rogered View Post
    Yeah i know aht you are saying, however I looked at it from a different view.
    Full grids of different cars and a "run what you brung" type format was good to watch. i know what you say about the porsche , but to me the entertainment was further back down the feild
    We flew down for the 3 days and il go again next year
    Racer Rog, rogered, you're both rite but what i see here is a modern version of an "All Comers" class with the odd classic chucked in so definatly not Historic/Classic motor racing(though i do luv the victor)!! it does make for good entertainment which i guess the Skope organisers have acheived but what it doesn't do is give the "racer" incentive hence why i wasn't there as this is another group/class i'd prefer to watch than be in. Still, like me one doesn't have to enter if they don't like it and as they "had" competitiors they have a group and that means a race.(I did recieve one e-mail last week who thought he was totally out classed in this group)

What i'd like to see "Skope" do is support at there event a more historic saloon group based on the MSNZ T&C/HMC rules, if only 6 legal cars turned out first time it doesn't matter as like HMC they will find it will build from there, unless the track promotor supports a class using a "standardised" set of rules it will go nowhere. But i guess to them its more work so probably will never happen.

As for the Skope event itself i still think its fantastic and will one day make the trip down again

Dale M