Thread: SFOS 2013- Photos/Videos from Ruapuna/Levels/Teretonga

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    World Champion
    Ok we are getting way off track here so quick replys.
    John it was JIM who was offering the fig jam.....at least I THINK that was what he was offering.

Jim, I never have anything after sundown EXCEPT things that help me sleep!

Back to John......the Mk4 Jaguar at the Easter rally at Rotorua......if that is what you are referring to......won everything, concours, gymkhana, and road trial.......pure beginers luck. Ask Dave Silcock....he was there......as was Jim, and as he said they were the greatest ever JDC rallys.

Racer T.......if the promoters had been tough at that event there would have been 3 cars on the grid in the 'Classic Saloons'.....but at least I would have been guaranteed a podium. A long way to go for a 3 horse race!

Lastly Jim again........as you know I stayed at school till I was 27, so even I managed to pick up something, if only how to write rubbish on TRS.

Quote Originally Posted by AMCO72 View Post
    Racer T.......if the promoters had been tough at that event there would have been 3 cars on the grid in the 'Classic Saloons'.....but at least I would have been guaranteed a podium. A long way to go for a 3 horse race!
    What Racer T is trying to say if you guys care to listen is, that you may have 3 cars at the first event, next year 6, the following 12(as proven at overseas H&C events) and on and on and because "actual" classic racers will see this happening they will come and GUESS WHAT, you will eventually have a real "actual Classic" race meeting.

But OOOOOH no we can't have that can we!! Modern BMW Minis in a Pre 65 race, you guys have friggen got me!! Whats next? calling a SI Supertourer round a "Classic" race meeting, yeah that sounds about rite.

Dale M