Bruce Newell is pretty much the only guy left that can detail the Byrant/Dawson Shelby TA Mustang history!! he is a friend of Wayne Hills(and the Hills gang) that works for me and when i bought this car back into NZ for Nigel MacDonald Bruce came down to meet Nigel and talk about the car, unfortunatly i was USA bound the next day so never got to meet Bruce but he has constantly been intouch with Nigel about this historic Mustang and Nigel and Diana have spent time with Anita Dawson and have collected alot of the paperwork and history on this car including its brass tag from its first Riverside 3 hour race stateside. Although most famous with Dawson at the wheel it was at some stage converted back to a street car and sold off and probably spent almost 10 years been past from piller to post around NZ until John Chapman took ownership as he knew what the car was. What i liked about this shelby was it never got "Butchered" like some of the others did for OSCAR(for instance) and retained most of its original shelby parts and body work, in other words it "survived" the kiwi gas axe!! were as the other 2 have questionable NZ history later in there life. I checked with my USA contacts prior to purchase and its the 2nd too last 67 Shelby coupe built and was ear marked accordling to the paperwork for Peru, but knowing the stories i've heard about Mr Shelby, he probably took both buyers money, LOL but at least it ended up on a boat NZ bound, along with Bruce.

Dale M