Quote Originally Posted by kiwi285 View Post
If I had a choice I would prefer to go to the meeting where we could see the Bowden collection in its entirety.
That could be difficult although Steve did mention they are working on a tour of the collection.

Bowdens don't traditionally have multiple cars at the Shannons Thunder meets and as per the Gold Coast V8 meetings the logistics of displaying /running the cars with transport/insurance and god knows what else, have limited them to maybe 3 or 4 at a time - Lakeside 2011 I got to see and photograph, Moffstang, Tru Blu, and Beechey Munro but when they are present a few others appear as well like the Thompson Camaro and the Geogheghan Stang, 2 x Johnson XC Coupes etc which are owned by other collectors.

I guess the Bowden Collection participation will depend on whether they are actually asked by the organizers in time to prepare the cars. They were left out last year until a week before Lakeside when it became obvious the attendance numbers were going to be down with no "Old School Name Driver" cars on display. By then it was too shorter time frame and they had made commitments elsewhere.
Organisers were getting peppered with questions for months on social media by people asking what cars would be on display in 2012 and the answer was always the same - we are working on it. Didn't happen, so I hope they hae been in contact with Dan early this time. Dan, are you out there ?