Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HMC Supporters Queensland Trip.

Weekend Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by fullnoise68 View Post
    Yes Steve, the `wildman' from out west is in.
    Good Stuff. Looking forward to meeting all of you guy's.

Hi macpac-I would love to come over , but am starting restoration of the team Cambridge HK Monaro built by Spinner Black for Rod Coppins to race in 1969. Will put my hand up to come over next year with it. I came over to Aus in 84 to race Transtasman BMX. Everyone was great, still have not lost the bruises from Logan City track

Weekend Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    Hi macpac-I would love to come over , but am starting restoration of the team Cambridge HK Monaro built by Spinner Black for Rod Coppins to race in 1969. Will put my hand up to come over next year with it. I came over to Aus in 84 to race Transtasman BMX. Everyone was great, still have not lost the bruises from Logan City track
    Hi John would love to see you over here too. That Monaro should be a bit of kit once completed. At least you are travelling a bit faster these days, the BMX might be a little slow around QR and Lakeside.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by macpac View Post
    Sorry Tony I didn't mean to give you both barrels and do understand where you are coming from. I guess if my finances were limited and I had to make a choice I would probably pick Lakeside as well. They will both be excellent race meetings especially with all of the Kiwi cars there as well. The guy that owns Shannon's is very impressed with the Trans Am class hence a little support from them.

The class is going from strength to strength with quite a number of cars under construction, my Camaro included. There will eventually be around 30 cars running. Cheers Steve McLean.
    All good Steve. I look forward to seeing your car too when it is finished.

Weekend Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyG View Post
    All good Steve. I look forward to seeing your car too when it is finished.
    Thanks Tony. It (Camaro) is going to take longer than I would like unfortunately, but I will be at all of the Trans Am meetings this year and usually hang out with John English and Ian (Woody) Woodward. Track me down at one of the meetings and say Gidday. It's always good to meet a fellow Kiwi petrol head. There's not many of us over here. LOL!!!

macpac- do what I did, give yourself a race meeting deadline and then ignore family, friends, work, tv, walking the dogs and call in favours. There are 24 hours in the day, 7 days in the week.
    Brakes one week, front suspension next week, then rear suspension following.
    Anything just to get the car there and participate.
    Worry about cost and consequences later..........
    Its called prioritizing or leave it too long and the enthusiasm runs out.

World Champion
    I will endeavour to get to both events

Weekend Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    macpac- do what I did, give yourself a race meeting deadline and then ignore family, friends, work, tv, walking the dogs and call in favours. There are 24 hours in the day, 7 days in the week.
    Brakes one week, front suspension next week, then rear suspension following.
    Anything just to get the car there and participate.
    Worry about cost and consequences later..........
    Its called prioritizing or leave it too long and the enthusiasm runs out.
    Thanks John. My enthusiasm will definately not run out I can assure you of that but at the moment the money has. Unfortumately I have to rely on and pay other people to do the work but will get there.

Just a bit of an update on what`s happening. There are a few things in the pipeline that may make it viable to do two seperate trips. Later next week we will have a better idea of costs, etc which will be based on around 20 people travelling. If we do a Lakeside supporters trip in July, as there are a few bits for the HMC guys to sort out on the Monday, Dan Bowden has confirmed with me that we can see their prized collection on the Tuesday 23rd after Lakeside, then fly home Tuesday night. Once I know more, I`ll put it on here.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Put the squeeze on Dan to bring the Fahey Stang down to the Lakeside meet as a display car like they did with a couple in 2011. Be the ideal meeting to have it on show.

Quote Originally Posted by macpac View Post
    Thanks Tony. It (Camaro) is going to take longer than I would like unfortunately, but I will be at all of the Trans Am meetings this year and usually hang out with John English and Ian (Woody) Woodward. Track me down at one of the meetings and say Gidday. It's always good to meet a fellow Kiwi petrol head. There's not many of us over here. LOL!!!
    Might have to see if i can remember the way out to the tracks, and have a look at whats happening these days. looks like good meetings planned.

Weekend Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Emson View Post
    Might have to see if i can remember the way out to the tracks, and have a look at whats happening these days. looks like good meetings planned.
    I'm sure you haven't forgotten your way Stevo. Would be good to catch up with you at one of the meetings. They should be awesome meetings.

Wow! Sounds like a dream come true. How ignorant of me as I thought Lakeside didnt exist anymore. Loved to watch the ATCC Sierra's etc at Lakeside on TV, brilliant circuit, especially that turn one, and the downhill. The only time I have been to the Gold Coast was in 98 and was with the family, but I managed to find Lakeside circuit and just stand at the gate visualising the cars roaring down that hill towards me. Awesome memories, wonder if the wife and three pre-schoolers will let me go? Or maybe;....I know she will let me come if I bring the kids!! Whoose up for helping me with them...??????????

Quote Originally Posted by crunch View Post
    Wow! Sounds like a dream come true. How ignorant of me as I thought Lakeside didnt exist anymore. Loved to watch the ATCC Sierra's etc at Lakeside on TV, brilliant circuit, especially that turn one, and the downhill. The only time I have been to the Gold Coast was in 98 and was with the family, but I managed to find Lakeside circuit and just stand at the gate visualising the cars roaring down that hill towards me. Awesome memories, wonder if the wife and three pre-schoolers will let me go? Or maybe;....I know she will let me come if I bring the kids!! Whoose up for helping me with them...??????????
    Good luck with that fella!!!!!!!!!!

If I had a choice I would prefer to go to the meeting where we could see the Bowden collection in its entirety.

A fantastic Poster organised by Steve Elliott. Dale M
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The only reason the graphic designers used this photo - which yes my Camaro is in the front alongside Woodys' Pontiac - is because the background colours were more suited to the lettering colours that they used. We were only given a few photos from Alex Mitchell to choose from as these are part of a portfolio him and Terry Marshall are doing for Gulf Oil, so thanks Alex and Terry for supporting HMC at no cost for your work.

Why do you want them Aussies to tie down their kangaroos?
    They might ask cant you run fast enough to get one of your own.....

Crunch, it`s taking the mickey out of the Aussies over their `sheep shagger' jokes!