Thread: Trusty Rusty TREKKA

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Markson-When I was in Ukraine and Russia , you could buy NZ butter there- and it was far superior to our salty butter here

World Champion
    And I see that the limited-slip differential on the Trekka was developed by non other than Ray Stone. This was to give the vehicle go-anywhere performance, equal to the capable Land Rover, which Im afraid it fell woefully short of. If as I presume Oldfart hints that Neil Tolichs prefered vehicle for town running is a Trekka, then that is/was the best place for it.

Quote Originally Posted by AMCO72 View Post
    And I see that the limited-slip differential on the Trekka was developed by non other than Ray Stone. This was to give the vehicle go-anywhere performance, equal to the capable Land Rover, which Im afraid it fell woefully short of. If as I presume Oldfart hints that Neil Tolichs prefered vehicle for town running is a Trekka, then that is/was the best place for it.
    Not positive about the Ray Stone connection, but exceptionally close to Buckler NZ with the "balanced traction" (Merv Mayo), I think (but am far from sure) that he held some "idea protection"
    Last edited by Oldfart; 02-12-2013 at 08:45 AM.

What make kit car used the chassis ??? Markson

Quote Originally Posted by markson View Post
    What make kit car used the chassis ??? Markson
    Thought that would perk your interest! They tried to sell the kits for the home builder around 66 ish, don't know if any happened but they were advertised in Motorman.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by AMCO72 View Post
    According to Todd Niall's book on the Trekka the Balance Traction diff was developed by Ray Stone at Performance Developments and 500 to 1000 of them were built by Mayo Engineering in Papatoetoe