The Jaguar that Archibald and Sprague drove in the 1965 Wills race was registered AQ 5800.

Archibald wrote to Brian Watson in 1995 describing the 3.8 he used to win the championship in 1962 and 1963. It would seem from David's post that two different cars were used in those years but this is what Archibald wrote.

I won the New Zealand Saloon Car Championship in 62 and 63. I still have the 3.8 MK2 which took part in the above races and my son David drives it in some of the classic races and wings and wheels events at Wigram etc. It has never had a dent ever which is a good record. It was especially built at the Jaguar factory for me and had the same specifications as the cars they built for the European Saloon Car Championship (gas flowed head, modified exhaust, close ratio gear-box, modified suspension, 2 inch carbs, modified air flow to the carbs, 9 to 1 compression ratio, battery in the boot, special brake discs and pads, high ratio steering, stiffer shocks, strengthened body mounts, racing seats, special crankshaft and bearings).