Thread: The State of NZ Motorsport.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    What is so difficult these days about an on line poll of licence holders - rally on major rally issues, racers on major race issues etc? It is no longer rocket science as MSNZ have already run at least one poll - but not on the issues. More efficient than relying on a club to collect info.

However, as anyone who has ever polled its club members will tell you, you'll be lucky to get a 15% response rate which in itself is a problem, so, you make it part of the on line licence renewal. (I presume most on here with licences do now renew on line?) I have to say that MSNZ has to be applauded for getting up to date with on line renewals - though I did receive two licences this year.

Re running under the VCC banner - we already have the volunteers and the online entry systems and whether we pay a permit fee to MSNZ or VCC and run under their auspices makes no difference, but it would allow race meetings to run with a mix of pre and post 1960 cars, effectively making VCC a breakaway organisation.

It was rather a tongue in cheek suggestion of course, but MSNZ often do not seem to understand many of the issues of running a vintage car or even a relatively unmodified classic car, without demanding F1 safety standards and an oppressive red tape regime. Better to leave all those issues totally to a separate organisation even if under the MSNZ umbrella, as several of the key issues over recent years have made running a classic or a historic harder, not to mention more expensive, rather than easier and cheaper.
    Last edited by screwdriver; 04-22-2012 at 10:33 AM.