Quote Originally Posted by conrod View Post
Mark sold the car a couple of years ago to Andy Greenslade in Tauranga, who ran it at the BMW Festival at HD earlier this year, the first race since the NM500 1992! It is basically as it last raced, and unrestored. As you correctly stated, Kayne Scott and Greg Murphy did drive the car in 1992, but it did not win. I think top 6 placings in both Wellington and Puke was as good as it got.
Thanks for that conrod - I've long wondered about that car. I'd so love to see footage of the Wellington race when Brancatelli stormed off and then had the big crash. Yes I knew Greg & Kayne hadn't actually placed all that well in each of the two races, but I have this vague recollection that everyone that did well in Wellington did lousy at Puke and thus the 'series' win went to Greg & Kayne. I do concede the years may have got the better of me.....

Does anyone know what ended up happening to the ex Brock RS500 that was purchased by Bruce Miles after the 1991 series? Was this the car that Peter Champion sought for his quite incredible collection of Brock cars? This car was another fantastic looker especially with the DJR wheels painted white.