Thread: Discuss the various formats for historic racing

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Since I returned to NZ I have attended a number of classic meetings as a spectator and I have only done a few classic trials so I really can't comment with an substance on "racing" but I do see races within races. Competitors have a good dice with other marques but at the same performance levels. The buzz I see on competitors faces, the yarns about this lap or that passing move with others etc. So I say there is a lot of drivers out there having "FUN".

Having watched all this for the past 6+ years....I want into this fun too. I know when I finish my zed and hit the track I will not win a race, but I do expect to see a competitor as my target, the guy/girl I see as the benchmark. Or maybe someone else you notice is faster on a sector so that then becomes the target match or better that.

A race is a race and like all forms of competitive sport there will be a winner. Handicap racing does allow for an event/series organizer to change this a bit so the field has a different dynamic to compete in.

So Trevor I agree with #1 too.
    Last edited by nzeder; 06-04-2012 at 09:12 AM.