Following on from the interesting feedback relating to the survival or demise of various Kiwi big banger sporties, my mind drifted to a number of eccentric one off open wheeler beasts. In particular coming to mind were the incredibily light rear engined single seater powdered by an outboard motor, driven by Dennis Williams? who crashed on debut at Pukekohe into the fence near the grandstand and was badly injured. Was this car a Valour and led on to the later Valour Formula Fords? Also leaping to mind was the Katipo F5000 car that Robbie Francevic drove for a couple of South Island Gold Star meetings in early 1971. This car was based on a Matich SR3 sports car and financed by Mark Petch. It didn't go well I remember Robbie saying to me, I wonder what happened to that. And lastly a very obsure, home built F5000 car from about 1972, driven I think by a guy called Ross Williams. It looked a bit like a Lola T300. Not sure if it ever lined up for a Gold Star start I do recall it appearing at the Ruapuna drags though. Theres a couple of interesting questions for any hardcore historian who might care to respond....