Thread: GTX Series - Falcon XAGTs

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    John, you will get me banned from this site for getting way, way off topic.Name:  rsz_championship_winner.jpg
Views: 2294
Size:  125.9 KB This car was an icon in Queensland, firstly with the driver that built it Lloyd Bax. I bought it off Lloyd and everyone built various cars including Lloyd (E49 Charger) to try and beat it when I owned it. Lloyd became one of my best mates, but we lost him to cancer. That and Queensland Raceway (they closed Lakeside) being a silly circuit were you do not need a lot of ability (IMHO) made me put it in the shed for years. I sold it to Russell Wright- a long story,....................no one could believe i sold it, not even my family.
    Amazing car to drive, 429hp at the rear wheels, 143mph (232KPH)through the left hand kink at Lakeside, and full power slides in 3rd up out of of hungry corner. I am getting goosebumps writing this! It had quite a reputation this car. You even got standing ovations sometimes at the trophy presentations.( from the Wayne Wakefield fan club)
    To put it in perceptive (maybe) it was several seconds a lap quicker around Lakeside than Moffatts GTHO with Moffatt and Kevin Bartlet driving in group C specs. Lloyd used to work on all the Bowdens cars in their extensive collection. These times come from Lloyd.The one that won everything over here. Also quicker than Big Pete Geogahans super falcon which had 600hp+ and fuel injection etc etc.
    Some say it was amazing to watch, and it was the only car that I drove that scared my Wife to death.(around Lakeside). Anyway I am all excited now after talking about it.
    The V8 thing,............I had a choice at one stage, buy the formula Pacific, ( not a good car) or Jimmy Richards Sidchrome Mustang. Jimmy said if I went to Australia with the Mustang, i would not win but I would get noticed. My crew all said they would move to Aussie with me. That would have been interesting.
    Last edited by Steve Emson; 07-23-2012 at 07:30 AM.