Thread: Yards And Yarns

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Semi-Pro Racer
    AMCO72,there are a couple of things you and I have to discuss!!!!!,firstly I must appologise,Speed reading you last post,I read,Quote;'My Mother nearly had a fit when she saw it..."what will the Neighbours Think'..then the next line I picked up on stated..'she was cantankerous old Bitch'........I thought AMCO72 can't be talking about his Mother surely.....Ofcourse I slowed down a fraction and it all fell into place.....So, why do we call cars..SHE'???????????

Secondly I've had a security type camera mounted above my key board,I think I'm getting out of bed durring the night and posting short snipets of my life under the tag of AMCO72, truely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My first car was a Singer.9,sorta like a Morris.8,I too, spent my wages at the wreckers keeping it on the Road, Marshland Rd wreckers supplied the Gearbox and a radiator,Papanui Auto wreckers starter mtr and brake parts, my 2nd car was an Austin.7 'special' that came home on a trailer,took me nearly 2yrs to get it registered,and to top it off,when I bought my '34 Coupe 'Hot Rod' with hand painted 'flames', my Mother (could have been related to AMCO72"S Mum!!) ...."youre not parking that inview of our Neighbours,you get out there and clean up the garage,your Father and I are not against you having the car Dear,but I think it would be better of out of site,you don't want them to think you are a ...(Wait for this)....'TEDDY BOY"!!!!!!

Papanui Wreckers was a great place,I would buy things on a small deposit,such as my 1957 Ford steering wheel for the 'Rod',I would go into make a payment,spot some other 'shinny' bit I thought I would need,so Mr Parry ( I'm sure that was the owners name ,but time!!!?) would put me to manual labour.."Right Young'in get those 4 wheels over there and fit those 4 tyres and tubes and well see just how much that will be"!!...no fancy tyre Machines of today,thank you!!!..tyre levers and the bloody heavey thing called a 'Bead Breaker',try 'Back Breaker'......I would finish as fast as I could then he would offer the part, if it was a, get you to the 'Dance' on Saturday night part,...."Ok Young'in, you worked well, I think you and that part and I are about square"!!!!!.."Now Shove off before I think of something else for you to do"!!!!!

AMCO72,this whole thing of you cycling down Ferry Rd ,has me wondering, if I wasn't learning to wash cars as you rode past.............and absolutely no malice meant towards your Mum ,it just seemed funny, the way I read it.....regards thunder427/MJ
    Last edited by thunder427; 07-07-2011 at 02:57 PM. Reason: spelling!!!