Thread: Sprague- Emson Fiat 128's

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sprague- Emson Fiat 128's

Hi Grant, thank you for the emails, it is great to hear from you after all these years. I tried to send these photo's privately however, it did not seem to work. As for the little cars 3 wheeling everywhere, I thought you of all people would enjoy these photos. I never managed to roll a car, however have been known to tempt fate a time or two.
    If anyone else looks at these photo's, Grant and myself raced these cars in the GTX Championship about 1975?? Grant was the top dog in the South Island, and I was in the North Island. I raced this car with John Woolf in the Benson & Hedges, then the GTX series. I took the car down to the SI on a camping holiday with John Woolf, Grant Whitaker and another of their friends. The 4 of us towing the camper behind Allans Woolf's racing Vitesse.
    I wanted to see just how quick Grant was . The 2 different shots on 2 wheels are in the SI at Wigram, corner off the back straight, and are the 1st and 2nd lap around that corner. Grant wasn't present at this meeting, but would face off at the other tracks.
    Grant, do you have any photos of your car to add?
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Steve Emson; 02-20-2013 at 01:35 AM.