Thread: Roycroft Trophy 2013

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    World Champion
    I don't think Jim's Wolseley is quite the sort of machine that organisers are thinking about when discussing pre 60 saloons. Jim was out there to WIN.....nothing else, although the car LOOKED quite standard from a few paces, and he was a fearsome competitor......I was up against him a few times in the late 80's.

So Jims' is an example of a pre 60 saloon looking ok, but under the skin.....no sir, and I'm not sure how you would control this sort of thing. If it looks ok....no mags etc then what is the problem, because I assure you there are 'other Jims' out there.
    The car that I would like to turn into a pre 60 saloon racer is the Austin A95/105. Shove a Healy 100 6 engine in, put some decent shocks on and stand aside buddy, Im coming through.

But you are right ERC.......where are all those old saloons now. A few, very few have ended up in the VCC, but not that many really when you consider how many used to be running around on our roads. Some got their browns at 'butchers picnic' meetings at the local speedway, but most just ended their days resting in piece under a tree, or resting in pieces in a junk yard, and have probably come back to NZ as baked bean cans......

John, when you describe those funny foreign jobs as 'frisky', do you mean their handing, or lack of it, or their performance, or lack of it!!!
    Last edited by AMCO72; 03-29-2013 at 04:07 AM. Reason: punctuation