Quote Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
If I heard the numbers correctly the highest reading at Timaru last weekend, be it Mazda RX7, V8 Touring car, Mini 7, Porsche or any other vehicle racing during the weekend was 91.2dba.
When TranZam racing was at it's peak most were running around 93dba and some were as quiet as 88dba. Adverse weather conditions did sometimes send crews into a bit of a panic as they repacked their mufflers so as to get back out onto the circuit during testing sessions.

Stop being selfish and just get on with it, save your energy for something you can win and don't fight or create lost causes.
Those figures are low and therein lies the problem. Are those test results comparing apples with chocolate fish in terms of location, weather, surrounding buildings, topography, etc. because if not...

Fighting lost causes to you is fighting injustices/unfairness for me! Win some, lose some, but not standing up for what you believe in makes it easier for the bureaucrats to ride roughshod over common sense. I hate this sanitized cotton wool protection from cradle to grave. When the day comes, I'd like my epitaph to read "At least I wasn't strangled by the red tape..."

Drivers are not using excuses, they are quoting their reasons for not competing. We'd be foolish to ignore them. Maybe when we are all forced into racing hybrids, or electric cars, someone will stand back and say "How the heck did we allow this to happen?" Noise is an integral part of the appeal of motorsport.