Quote Originally Posted by Ross Hollings View Post
Kiwiboss,sorry dont know who you actually are but would like to reply to your reply. At the time the little Sprite was raced with a group of people who did not much care about COD compliance,as long as you turned up and had a good time and the car is within the period so to speak,a chocolate fish was the prize and that might be for last place ! I consider that the parts on the car were for my enjoyment and others,when the bonnet was lifted and folks saw a shorrock supercharger [including fellow competitors]they were more interested in seeing the technology used than have it sitting in a box on the shelf.The discs brakes were from a car 1 year difference to the last build date of the Sprite.Hell, I only raced it a couple of times for fun !!
Maybe we should take note of the growing trend of VCC racing,they have a range of cars in various forms ie the Gypsy Riley and numerous austin sevens,bucklers etc running a range of different engines etc to my knowledge they just have a good time and certainly provide entertainment to the crowd.
Ross H
Ross you are correct about the VCC field having a good time and huge variety, but they don't even get scrutineered (yes ALL cars are scrutineered, not just audit levels) unless they have a VIC (vehicle identity card) and log book, both issued by VCC at NO cost(!), let alone take part.