Quote Originally Posted by tbro View Post
Again another thread revival.
Unfortunately Jim Cutler has passed but thankfully a few his old race buddies came to show respects. Laurie was one of them and we got to talking so I asked what happened to the Iso.
Seems CAMS in all their wisdom decided that after allowing the car to run for a couple of years they would reclass it as a sports sedan only, rightly so Laurie declined and sold the car detuned to a "collector/developer in the Parramatta area. the car was repainted blue and then the new owner went bellyup and everything disappeared. So no-one know where it is or what has happened to it.

Talk of a Appendix J gossip, Mike Dyer, Lindsey (muff) Dyer and Laurie and many a lap.
Wow, great post! Thanks. This is a car that has always fascinated me. In fact, I first saw a photo of the car when owned by Laurie in the 1980s and it was the first time I'd ever seen an Iso Rivolta. Too bad CAMS effectively outlawed it. I really don't understand that. At the very least they should have classified it as a GT, which is the category these cars run in European historic racing. Sports Sedan is just crazy. What a shame the car has vanished.