Originally posted by Terry
Ray I agree that many people helped write sections of the book.

The page at the back titled Credits show eight people involved. I think the photos are a little mixed, and beside Ray Bell's name they have someone smiling........

In future perhaps I should refer to as "Graham Howard et al".

On a lighter note, why was the very first AGP, the 1927 race, not included in this official book?
The photographs are in fact reversed...

In the makeup of the plate for this page the type was on one film and the photos on another, these were put down back to front, so not only are the pics beside the wrong name in each case, but they are back to front.

The smiling face next to my name is Des White's while the smiling face next to Des White's name is mine.

As for the 1927 Australian Grand Prix, this was almost unknown. It seems that Bugatti people in Melbourne had knowledge over the decades but NSW people had all forgotten it. Barry Lake was the one who first mentioned it to me, he was asking me if I knew anything about it as if he knew very little (Barry was very cunning like this), I'd never heard of it before.

But all of that was revealed fifteen or more years after the Chevron AGP book appeared. I don't know if there is reference to this race in the update of the Chevron book done a few years ago. I also don't know if they corrected some of the glaring anomolies in the result panels.