Thanks for the info Steve but that's a bit of a bugger as I always look at the New Zealand and Australian racing history first before proceeding and thought the Gardner Camaro was wedged been an old Ex-US Trans Am car, we know the Moffat 69 Mustang(which raced here) had the wedge nose hence why I done this to my 69 Mustang, its period correct and totally accurate for our New Zealand racing history but will now have to re-evaluate the Camaro wedge. My Camaro is a 68 and not a 67 so if Penske done this to 68 and 69's it could make it possible but not with NZ History, would make it close call and would still luv to do it but need to think on that one.........……..anyway, all interesting info.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
Looking great Dale, I'm really enjoying this build.

The Gardner Camaro didn't have the wedged nose. I believe that was an old 1967 Bill Brown car, a very early Trans-Am car before they started wedging the noses.

But the Penske Camaros definitely had it done in 1968 and '69. Here is one of the 1968 Penske Camaros pictured in 1970 with then owner Craig Murray. I believe they took a slice out of the radiator support panel and then tilted all the front sheet metal forward, then repaired the rear section of the front fenders so it didn't show.

You can see in this shot the huge gap at the top rear of the panel where it doesn't meet up. I assume the panel was replaced at some stage but not modified correctly.

Name:  20 Craig Murray 1970.jpg
Views: 1061
Size:  97.4 KB