Crunch, As one who has served on many different motoring organisations for years and given hours of free time without anyting in the bank (like you)I agree that you dont get anything in the way of compensation for your time on the Motorsport executive but you do have a responsibilty to ensure that the stewardship of the not inconsiderable amount from members meets the current standards of the NZ Institute of Chartered Accountants.There is clearly no excuse to ignore the report of the Auditors in terms of the balance dates of TMC and fact that as MSNZ holds a 60% share the accounts should be consolidated.Your comments in (4) above are simply not acceptable and the fact that this has gone on for years is clearly an indication of the arrogance of MSNZ and the complete apathy of the bulk of the membership in things financial. Also let me assure you that the VCC option (5) is clearly not just a "seemingly" cheaper option. The bulk of the 70 odd entries in the Hampton Downs meeting next weekend are from cars that would never have competed in a MSNZ event in MSNZ's present format. Believe me there is more to it than just money.
Having read RogerH's comments, as no doubt you have, I believe they are from very intelligent people who have a deep concern for some of the current practices within MSNZ. They are not negative comments from a bunch of losers. Your Executive would do itself a service to consider them. Graeme Banks