Quote Originally Posted by GeebeeNZ View Post
Gerald and Dale, Thanks for your positive comments about The Roycroft Trophy meeting. As a Waitemata VCC committee member we are quite proud of what a small club has achieved.I had the embarrasment of having my early Buckler "The Blue Brick" being towed in twice behind the classic Ford V8 tow truck. In both races the rotor arm had shorted out. Having destroyed two rotors I managed to finish the next two races with the rotor and cap out of Old Farts Ford ten special while he went to Rangiriri to have a cracked sump welded. Sorry I didnt get to meet you guys but I did get a chance to have a chat with Jim Short.
Graeme Banks
Hey what gives everone been nice , I may have to change my attitude, one and a half days at HD .its years since I have seen so many real cars .hell I even invited myself into a 1934 Austin 7two seater open car for about ten laps ?? an English gent has owned it 49yrs the last 9 in NZ,over 50yrs, since I was in one of these, man they are real strong little cars .Then Daves prodigey Peter arrived in his ex Auto Restoration Alfa Monza the sound and sight of this car simila to Giddings one .and when you have know idea that we have one in NZ what a wonderfull moment and did he drive well ? on the limit I would think and chased by an absulute work of art the areo powerd Riley ,I was about to coment to a stranger beside me look at the oil its burning when my brain woke up thats wheelspin halfway along the straight!!1.Really words dont describe these two cars.When did you last see a Bugatti parked out side beside a Hispanza?? not to mention the jazz band plus all the old Grannies in period dress! plus a bonus for me Graeme finding a way for my Spyder to take part next yr. with the C Type Jags .what more can a man say??