Quote Originally Posted by conrod View Post
Thanks Dale, sounds like a good idea. Just helping someone build a Perana to race in your class (Graeme P)and although it won't have mega power it should be a fun car to drive. The irony is that it would probably be more expensive to build a 3L V6 race engine than it would a Ford V8.
I suppose Firenza's are not exactly thick on the ground, so finding a donor car would be the first stumbling block. And although they have a nice suspension system from memory (double wishbones front/5 link rear?) I don't think you could fit big rubber under the arches, so could be a bit of humour seeing a 600hp Viva racing on 13x7 tyres!

Conrad
Crikey, I suddenly realised that the Perana Capri could be a fast and competitive historic (valuable) racecar. I have a Mk1 Capri V6 laying around (waiting for restoration), wasn't sure what to do with it, but the HMC specs have got me more interested than the Anglia I'm shagging around with at the moment. I did some research on the net, looks like you can do a prod racing version based on the factory 1971 Team Gunston (South Africa) version with safer brakes and good rubber - GT 40 wheels, hope this fits in OK?
Grant Ellwood,Virginia,USA