Thread: Early NZ Rallies

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Seaqnmac27, would appreciate as high a res copy of the photo, as you might have? I will PM you.

That car is one of two BMW's that Paul Adams used in the Heatway/Silver Ferns, and has been in our possession for about 10 years, having purchased it from Warren Good from Dunedin. The other car, as I understand it, Paul now owns again.

Another BMW fanatic in the far north is doing a painstaking restoration of Rodger's car.

Ours (just cos I don't drive it much, Conrad, it's still ours, not his....) has at various times been in its original BNZ Livery, but as it has been used for Targa's, other tarmac rallying, Classic racing and the BMW Open Class, most of it has been removed more recently.

We received a big stack of memorabilia along with the car, so I will see if that program is amongst it.

The Alpina is just about to start being pulled apart for a major (long overdue) tidy-up. It will be nice to have her in one shade of red again, and we may put her back into the BNZ Livery for the Denny Hulme Festival.

Name:  Adams Paul - BMW 2002 BNZ FP7254.jpg
Views: 3947
Size:  70.7 KB
    Last edited by HD TR; 05-25-2012 at 04:49 AM.