Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Holden Monaro

Quote Originally Posted by mid-year View Post
    Hi Steve,the equivalent to the HT Monaro assembled in SA was identical to the Australian car but did use local glass,trim and lights and was badged Monaro GTS .The later HG version featured the four headlight grill and unique wrap around front park/indicator lamp assembly ( similar to an XW/XY ) and these were badged Chevrolet SS.All the SA assembled cars had vinyl roofs so I suspect the two yellow GTS,s are original SA built cars.
    Thanks Pete, that is brilliant!

Surfers Paradise Drags Late 70,sAttachment 10681Attachment 10682
    Love these photos.

The 1968 Surfers Paradise 12 hour featured a Le-Mans start with drivers running from the opposite side of the track to access their vehicle,caused much trouble donning full harness safety belts but was very pukka.Attachment 10679Attachment 10680
    These are fabulous! I'm guessing a few of those guys were probably doing up their harnesses as they charged around the first lap, rather than before they got moving.

The funny thing about the RTS (Radial Tuned Suspension) was the castor and camber settings were switched and indeed the handling was transformed with radial tyres, but it would need to be. It was diabolical before the change.

Bruce.

Yeah you got that right! The concept behind the original HQ handling was that it be so bad, no owner within their right mind would try and drive the things anywhere near their limit.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Thanks Ellis. What model Camaro did he have? And what class did the Camaro race in?

Nc

Thanks Ellis. Actually I do recognise that car. Seen that pic somewhere before.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Thanks Ellis. Actually I do recognise that car. Seen that pic somewhere before.
    Ive put it up on here before I think...probably the Terry Allan thread
    I took it at Baskerville in 2009 ? Historics

Just came across these shots of the Mark Parsons' Monaro.

The orange XU1 belongs to Grant Liston but I can't remember the owners of the other two.

Name:  Holden Team 2.JPG
Views: 2051
Size:  64.6 KB

Name:  Holden Team.JPG
Views: 2046
Size:  83.6 KB

Vern Reeves is the other Torana -pastel blue green- has Road and Track on the screen and Duke Motorsport videos on the side.This parking are looks so bare without the garages there.Thanks to the generosity of Terry Siddel , Gerni Waterblasters name was on quite a few race cars then ,including his own car-black 1970 Mustang that Wymer currently owns
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 09-09-2012 at 06:54 PM.

I know Vern still owns a Torana, wonder if its still this one!! hmmmm!! and wouldn't it be great to see all these Holdens back on the track again!!

Dale M

Hey Dale, what are you doing here, you need to be getting organized for next weekend.Yes, Vern still has the car, was talking to him at the Amon meeting and says he would love to get out in HMC.This would make him another of the very long term owner committed to the sport.. I know Grant hasnt got his car any more.Another XU1 belonged Graham Crawford-he won the Glenvale Endurance race at Baypark in 70s, anyone know what happened the that one?
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 09-09-2012 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Milan Fistonic View Post

The orange XU1 belongs to Grant Liston but I can't remember the owners of the other two.

Milan, your photo collection must be staggering! Is it just me or do those look like XE Fairmont Ghia wheels on that Monaro?

Hi - here are a couple of photos of Brett Pearce's new HMC Monaro. Had its first outing at Hampton Downs on Saturday and came though it well.

Last edited by kiwi285; 09-16-2012 at 07:21 AM.

Hi Mike,
    I think you will find that it is Brett, not Dave.Great pix , and it sounded sooooooooooooooo great. A great new addition to HMC. Makes me proud to have Monaro at home.
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 09-16-2012 at 05:57 AM.

Never heard a bad sounding 327 John.

Hi Rod, I have an addition to the family that may interest you, it also had a nice sounder in it, your name sake and my name sake drove it.
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 09-16-2012 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi285 View Post
    Hi - here are a couple of photos of Brett Pearce's new HMC Monaro. Had its first outing at Hampton Downs on Saturday and came though it well.

Thanks for posting those Mike, really neat pics! Its great to see Brett out racing that Monaro. He has owned it for a few years, and finally found somewhere to race it in HMC.

Quote Originally Posted by Milan Fistonic View Post

Pretty sure the yellow XU1 at the end is Ralph Emsons one - he bought a few of the ones he raced during their heyday back during the late 1980's, and am pretty sure this car is one of them.

Thanks to Craig Stacey for sending me these. Bob Janes HQ Monaro at this years Muscle Car Masters:

Name:  IMG_5138.jpg
Views: 1507
Size:  69.4 KB

Name:  IMG_5140.jpg
Views: 1509
Size:  61.8 KB

Name:  IMG_5143.jpg
Views: 1971
Size:  67.3 KB

Name:  IMG_5141.jpg
Views: 1707
Size:  74.8 KB