Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
Mallory Park 1966 in the Sid Taylor Lola, getting it a bit wrong at the hairpin (Shaw's Corner). My favourite UK viewing spot until Donington reopened. Oh how I wish I had an SLR, even a long lens, in those days - and a modern SLR digital camera... Pics taken on Dad's old Leica.

Name:  166_0529_06.jpg
Views: 1626
Size:  116.5 KB

He must have won...

Name:  166_0411_10.jpg
Views: 1667
Size:  88.0 KB

Marshalling at Pukekohe for the first truck meeting was terrifying! We retreated up the bank from our marshal's post about 30 metres. Can anyone supply the exact date as I don't seem to have a race programme? (Marshals never got such luxuries as a race programme - or even a drink in those days... I don't think we even got a lunch break at most meetings.) I have several pics of the era but dating them is impossible, so I might post one or two in a new thread, asking for dates, as many of you will have programmes and I file all my pics by date.
Name:  190_truckb.jpg
Views: 2298
Size:  126.9 KB

Note the incorrect spelling. It should be Denis Hulme, not Dennis. 2009 Goodwood.
Name:  209_0918_134.JPG
Views: 1610
Size:  134.0 KB

We travelled to Europe with Greta Hulme earlier this year. What a delightful lady - with many tales to tell...
Wow, what fantastic photos, especially the first shot at Mallory. Its not just modern race cars that lack the character of old, its the tracks also.