Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
As a 16 year old at the time, I still remember reading about it in the UK's Motoring News and Motorsport! It would be 20 years before I made it to the track - just before the 20 year celebration meeting.
It's just as well nobody was going to organise a 50th Anniversary meeting, the track is not usable at the moment, a bit 'hors de combat' you might say.

These photos taken from Pukekohe Hill lookout on a brief visit to Pukekohe last Sunday. I'm not sure what the earthworks on the outside of the track at the hairpin are for. More corporate hospitality facilities perhaps?

The 4wd Ferguson : Graham Hill drove it at Pukekohe and in the Australian GP at Warwick Farm, Innes Ireland at all the other races. I'm not sure what other Australian races there were in 1962/3 season, the Tasman Series didn't start until the following season.

I don't remember car parking inside the horse track in later years, and the pedestrian bridge near the elbow was shifted around the corner towards the Loop the next year, as I recall.

Stu