Thread: Paul Fahey/Kevin McNamara Z28 Camaro

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spgeti View Post
    I have known this car since the late 70,s. about 10 years ago I noticed an add in Trade and Exchange for a Camaro for sale in New Plymouth with a 9 inch diff and stuffed 427. I took a punt that it was this car and a good friend and I made the trip to NP and yes there she was complete with the original ownership papers, Ist NZ owner Paul Fahey. Kevin leased this car off Paul to race and only from recall raced for one season. Garry purchased the car and set to refurbishing it back to its original spec...LT1 4 speed M22, 12 bolt diff etc. To do this he purchased a wreaked Z/28 from the South Island and transfered all the good bits off it.
    When the car was retired from circuit racing as with all the GTX Camaros it was registered for road use and repainted Red with red stripes. I will write more re this plus photos with my Camaro (Inky's car) I owned at the time.....Cheers Bruce D
    Hey Bruce, I remember this car.It turned up to one of our Camaro Club outings.I think it had hooker sidepipes, and broke down with overheating problems, maybe a blown head gssket.
    I would like to find out the whereabouts of my old Z28-ex english import Art McKee car.
    Last edited by vette8; 01-04-2013 at 08:18 PM. Reason: spelling