Thread: New Zealand Historic Muscle Cars Under HRC

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nzeder View Post
    Dale,

Looking over the photos posted in this thread I don't see any pictures of a Mercury Cougar. Are there any in the build process that you know of?

I have always liked the 1st generation cougar. Hmm maybe I should sell my 2x Datsun 260z and get a Mercury Cougar.

Here is a good YouTube video of the almost season for Dan Gurney and the cougar.

Cheers
    Mike
    Those are great youtube video's Mike, thanks for posting!! i have seen them before but always great to watch again. But yes, you are correct a gen 1 cougar would be fantastic and has all the same running gear as a Mustang and as i've stated over on the VCC posting the parts are available via the aftermarket industry, infact a Cougar can be bought for less than haft the price of a Mustang in the USA, my mate Rex in Modesto, CA just sold a mint going driving 67 Cougar for $3800USD, cheap!! they can be set up the same in the handling department as a Mustang. Paul Stacey who is on this forum has a 70 Cougar amost finished for HMC, hopefully we'll see it in the near future, it will certainly add a great flavour to HMC !!

As for building a Gen 1 Cougar, go for it, it can be affordable and something different!!

Dale M
    Last edited by Kiwiboss; 03-29-2013 at 06:14 AM.