Thread: Photos: The Bruce Wells Collection - Warwick Farm - Part 3

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Steve, the latest shot in post 49 with the R8 Gordini & 2 Minis must be the first event of that Dec 65 Warwick Farm meeting.
    Event 1 'Touring Car Race (Series Production) - 5 laps.
    #44 is the Sentinel Motors/ P Donnelly Renault R8 Gordini (the Edgerton car wasn't a Gordini)
    #36 is down as the Barrie Broomhall Motors entry for B Rout (Qld) Morris Cooper S in blue.
    The best I can work out for the other Mini is that it's #40 N Kearsley Morris Cooper S. Given the shade in this b&w photo, I'd say it's a Toga White body with either Royal Red or Burgundy Red roof. Both Cooper S being less than 2 months old when this photo was taken.

The post 45 shots, should be from the same Event 1, with the aforementioned #36 Rout Cooper S with #16 Renno Motors/D Frazer R8 Gordini & #7 Bill Orr Lotus Cortina.
    The next shot with 2 Morris Coopers (they aren't S types) & the standard R8 should be also from Event 1,
    #26 D J Toshock (in a rare in Australia) 998cc Morris Cooper in Grey.
    Taking a major guess based on the shade of the Morris Cooper in the background, I'd say it is #29 R Phillips 997cc example. Being either Cherry or Tartan Red with likely white roof.
    The Renault R8 should be the #43 Edgerton example in grey again.

Stephen
    Last edited by Cooper997; 04-25-2013 at 05:58 AM.