Page 39 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand Historic Muscle Cars Under HRC

No concern Murray, any make or model on the eligibility list is more than welcome, imagine a grid of 8 Mustangs, 8 Camaros, 8 Falcons and 8 Torana's, now that would be a sight!! Remember HMC is about the "Historic" value were a person today can purchase or build a HMC saloon to a standardized set of rules knowing that the same applies to all other entrants with no cheating. The feed back on controlling the class and its rules has been the single most important value for pending racers and what is attaching them, we have COD's and eligibility forms in the pipeline which we are about to enacted.

I know ATA are looking to control there class similar, see you all at Lakeside.

Dale M

Quote Originally Posted by Murray Maunder View Post
    Yummy - real tasty cars. You have anything to do with finding these fine pony cars Dale? Concerned about the number of the General's cars showing up at HMC?
    Can never have too many of Henry's finest. I know some have strong views on replicas etc. As a simple spectator I will just enjoy seeing a car decked out as my childhood favourite amongst the fantastic HMC field.

Add in the wonderful new class George has put together and the returning 5000s and it will be a great summer

Quote Originally Posted by Shoreboy57 View Post
    Can never have too many of Henry's finest. I know some have strong views on replicas etc. As a simple spectator I will just enjoy seeing a car decked out as my childhood favourite amongst the fantastic HMC field.

Add in the wonderful new class George has put together and the returning 5000s and it will be a great summer
    Now ain't that the truth! This has got to pure heaven and if it is, I'm staying, ain't going nowhere
    Last edited by Frosty5; 07-11-2013 at 04:32 AM. Reason: grammatical cock up

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty5 View Post
    Now ain't that the truth! This has got to pure heaven and if it is, I'm staying, ain't going nowhere
    You and me both. This class goes from strength to strength and the number of cars is showing no signs of abating. Long may it last

Looking forward to nest weekend and seeing a heap of Aussie cars as well. Roll on the visit to the Bowden Collection.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi285 View Post
    You and me both. This class goes from strength to strength and the number of cars is showing no signs of abating. Long may it last

Looking forward to nest weekend and seeing a heap of Aussie cars as well. Roll on the visit to the Bowden Collection.

Mike
    Planning on shooting a video piece at the Bowden Collection here at TRS as well as the TransTasman shootout at Lakeside Mike. Maybe throw in an interview with legend Jim Richards and there should be plenty for TRS folks to enjoy in early August.

Quote Originally Posted by Murray Maunder View Post
    Planning on shooting a video piece at the Bowden Collection here at TRS as well as the TransTasman shootout at Lakeside Mike. Maybe throw in an interview with legend Jim Richards and there should be plenty for TRS folks to enjoy in early August.
    I'll do one aswell for Lakeside, but not a long video like you will do, because two of the same thing would be rather pointless, I'll probably stick music on mine aswell, so they'll be two perspectives of the Lakeside Round!! It will be good to see the Bowdens one, Ive never actually been to their shed before, but did have a chat with David Bowden at the 2 Days of Thunder!

Quote Originally Posted by DewiAusTransAm View Post
    I'll do one aswell for Lakeside, but not a long video like you will do, because two of the same thing would be rather pointless, I'll probably stick music on mine aswell, so they'll be two perspectives of the Lakeside Round!! It will be good to see the Bowdens one, Ive never actually been to their shed before, but did have a chat with David Bowden at the 2 Days of Thunder!
    Dewi, how about you and Murray work together on this, between you two im sure some great footage will come out of all this!! the feed back from the QR video has been fantastic and the same from Murrays video, all great work!!

Dale M

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    Dewi, how about you and Murray work together on this, between you two im sure some great footage will come out of all this!! the feed back from the QR video has been fantastic and the same from Murrays video, all great work!!

Dale M
    That's the plan Dale!!! Murray is bring an onboard camera as well as the one I had at QR that went in your car.. so Murray could pass it around all the Kiwi drivers and I could pass it around all the Aussie Drivers!! and Murray has his expensive video camera from NZ and I have the small one I used to get footage at QR! and i'll pass one all my footage to him...

The only reason I wanted to do another one was for fun!! I like making them! haha, and if I were to make one for Lakeside, It would just be a really small one, because Murray is the professional!! he can do a big feature video on the series, and mine can be just a small 3 minute one with music over the top!!

WHEN:
    Saturday 20th July, 2013 and Sunday 21st July, 2013.
    Gates open at 8:00am and cars are on track from 9:30am.

ENTRY:
    $20 Saturday, $30 Sunday, $40 for a weekend pass, Kids 12 and under FREE

Written by: Iwan Jones

THE Tenkate Plant Hire Australian Trans Am Championship is set for a blockbuster third round at the Lakeside Classic on Saturday 20th to Sunday 21st of July 2013 at Lakeside Park in Kurwongbah. While the Australians retained the ‘Final Nail’ Trophy with a comprehensive performance at Queensland Raceway last month, New Zealand’s Historic Muscle Cars (HMC) President Dale Mathers and a team of 7 kiwi drivers will be back on Australian shores to put the pedal to the medal one last time for 2013. It is expected that there will be another full grid of big-banger American muscle cars taking part in the historic contest.

HMC driver, Steve Elliott who will be driving a 1968 Vintage SCCA Trans Am Chev Camaro says the upcoming round will be a historic occasion, especially for the kiwi drivers. ‘This is going to be a pretty special occasion and it`s just great to be part of it. With the calibre of special guests such as Jim Richards, Dennis Marwood, Leo Geoghegan, John French and Bob Skelton, it is going to be a great event. This is Trans-Tasman Historic Racing history in the making. It all stems back to the 1967 ATCC Lakeside round where both Rod Coppins and Paul Fahey raced their own Mustangs on Aussie soil for the first time. 46 years later and our HMC series has returned to commemorate that meeting,’ said Elliott.

Australian Trans-Am driver, John Lord who will be sharing the 1974 Kevin Bartlett ‘Channel Nine’ Chevrolet Camaro replica with Tobias Lord across the weekend said he is looking forward to racing in the round. ‘We are running the blue and yellow Channel 9 replica Chevrolet Camaro. It is a "tribute car" in recognition of the famous Kevin Bartlett Bathurst 1000 car of the 1970's and '80's. The racing will be fast and furious. It will be my first time back at Lakeside in over 30 years, and Tobias’ first time there ever,’ said Lord.

The Australia vs New-Zealand Trans-Am Shootout will be joined at Lakeside by Group A and C Heritage Touring Cars (featuring Seven-time Bathurst 1000 champion Jim Richards in the Nissan Skyline that he won the 1990 Australian Touring Car Championship in), Group N Historic Touring Cars (featuring V8 Supercar driver David Wall in an ex Pete Geoghegan ’67 Mustang that won the 1966 Australian Touring Car Championship), the Queensland Touring Car Championship and Improved Production.

Murray Brown leads the field and Craig Stacy doin it like he does!!! Dale
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Great stuff guys, good to see you still trying Craig, looks good. Best wish's for weekend boys and go hard.

Steve Elliott asked me to put together this poster design, which will be auctioned off this weekend at the Lakeside Classic event, with proceeds going to the Australian Trans-Am Association charity CanTeen. The photo is by Bruce Wells.

Name:  Poster 12 copy.jpg
Views: 749
Size:  170.5 KB

Huge thanks to Dewi Jones, from the Australian Trans-Am Association for sending me these pics from yesterdays practice session. More to come from todays action. Thanks Dewi!

Name:  IMG_1225.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  157.9 KB

Name:  IMG_1357.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  152.9 KB

Name:  IMG_1231.jpg
Views: 658
Size:  150.4 KB

Name:  IMG_1240.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  161.4 KB

Sorry for anyone who was relying on Natsoft for results, there is an error with the network at Lakeside.
    Fortunately for you kiwis, here are the results from race 1 (Top 3)

1. Dale Mathers (Ford Mustang #23)
    2. Ian Palmer (Pontiac Firebird #2)
    3. John English (Chevrolet Camaro #72)

Steve will upload photos soon, as I'm having problems with doing that!

Thanks again to Dewi, here are todays batch of photos.

Is that John French in the first pic Dewi?

Name:  IMG_1582.jpg
Views: 777
Size:  158.8 KB

Name:  IMG_1627.jpg
Views: 827
Size:  177.9 KB

Name:  IMG_1590.jpg
Views: 823
Size:  135.5 KB

Name:  IMG_1795.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  169.0 KB

Name:  IMG_1691.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  119.2 KB

Group C and A race start also featured here.

Name:  IMG_1733.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  160.0 KB