Thread: New Zealand ShellSport Saloon Series 1978 - 1985

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Weekend Warrior
    Hi Gerald , unfortunately no l can't help you . My motor racing only really started mid
    70's with my doing club events and driving my cars down to Manfield to compete in club days , was never into national events that early unfortunately . l did own one other ex shellsport mini that had originally been run l believe by Fred Bailey engineering from Auckland . That car also was fitted with an arden 8 port engine and Fred sold it to Hoss Waswo from New Plymouth who campaigned it for a while in Shellsport l think before removing the crossflow engine and selling the car to a car painter named Wayne Gray from Waitara as a rolling shell . Wayne turned the car into a mini 7 ( 850 cc ) and used it for a couple of years before l bought it from him . l did several mini 7 meetings including one at baypark ( even suffered the indignity of running out of petrol in one race DOHHH ! ) but mainly l used it as a club race mini before buying the ex hartley machine . This is a pic of that car at baypark in a mini 7 race , probably about 79 or 80 .
    Attached Images Attached Images