Thread: racing roadtrips

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant Sprague View Post
    Ok my turn again , was at Ruapuna with some mates I was running XU1 in super car races about 1972..73 probably 18 yrs old [ex Allen Owes] ... ?? Anyway after the meeting we were having a beers or 2 [light beer] lol, I had fitted a megaphone seemed to work ok but was very loud & a pain in bum to take off & put muffler on after a couple of light beers , I drove to the exit gate after meeting & walked up to the NICE traffic cop & mentioned I had a real problem converting mufflers [after a couple beer hehe]!! & needed to get back to Timaru , he said QUOTE " dont you worry a thing about it Grant I will radio ahead & you will be all good to get back home & will explain to the others you are coming through " Beauty I thought a free pass to race on the way home with some more light beer [not] lol , I look back & think wellll I was a cheeky little bugger ......such fun days but did no harm , after a few months I paid it off gave Leo his slicks back & headed to Uk
    Had a couple of brushes with the boys in blue myself whilst driving Dads cars home. (Around our stomping ground) Although they never said, I was sure they knew exactly who's cars they were. Always told to proceed home quietly.............
    Last edited by Steve Emson; 08-27-2013 at 11:00 PM.