Quote Originally Posted by 9lives View Post
I found this story on the ex John Goss HO very interesting as my Uncle owned it just after Jim Richards finished with it and owned it for a number of years, my dad spent alot of time with the car and still to this day says its the most exciting car he's ever driven.. I have heard many cool stories of this car while growing up from my dad and uncle. Anyway I just rang my dad after reading this about the so called fate of it... I asked how Bowater died and before I even finished he cut me short and said that Bowater was not driving the ex Goss HO at the time of his death, he is almost 100% certain this was another HO he brought and had already sold the Goss HO at the time, he said at the time people were claiming it was the ex Goss falcon but is damm certain this is not the fact, he was pretty sure it was a red one he was driving at the time.
He has lots of very cool photos of the ex Goss HO from when my uncle owned it.. love the shot he has of it with Graham Addis driving it for him at Baypark
Pretty sure you are right about that. He had sold the blue Goss car and was in another,(from North Shore) that he had just got.
There is a little bit to it and I will talk to previous owner to confirm, as somethings may be best left. It was a tragic accident.