Thread: New Zealand Pre 61 Saloon Register

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi Allan, there is a committee already in place, and if you look at the guidelines (Post #1) it clearly states that carry over is on a case by case basis.
    In most cases committees tend to produce camels, in part that is why this has taken the better part of 2 years to get off the ground.
    As previously commented, I did contact most overseas organisations and universally they suggested not using their own rules. Of course we would welcome any Australian Na car, and the FIA J fits. Many if not most St Marys Trophy cars would not fit as they have engines which are too new.
    I would also like to remind all that this is intended as a place for people to take their appropriately dated cars for an enthusiastic thrash with like minded people. It's something of a different mindset for the racers of this world to understand.
    Personally, I would like to see a variety of period vehicles rather than a bunch of near to cut off date cars. Think 56 Humber 80, A35, Vanguard Riley Pathfinder etc

Please, anyone contemplating something, contact me. pre61saloonregister@gmail.com
    Last edited by Oldfart; 09-24-2013 at 10:33 PM.