Thread: NZeder's Datsun 260z Build Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The first task Dad I tackled was the missing windows regulators - now that was fun

Now as it is a early 260z the windows regulators are unique to the early 260z and none could be found on trademe, through member, Z Spares, or evilbay, alternatives need to be sort. I had some 240z regulators but it turns out the early 260z 2 seater doors might share the same window, lock/latch and window frame as the 240z the regulators are very different. The 260z items put the crank about 30mm further forward and the door does not have the stamped regulator protrusion like the 240z so they would not work. I also had some later 260z 2 seater/2+2 window regulators (the later 2 seaters use the same regulators as the 2+2). These mount to the glass via a different frame setup - however the scissor arms were the same size/location/arc. So the later 260z items were modified and new shower door rollers fitted on the ends replacing the later 260z mounting arms/tracks. Windows were finally sorted then 2 weeks later some early 260z regulators show up on trademe...bugger and they are still there too. Never mind door modified for later items now (new mounting holes drilled and one hole enlarged)

I will find a pic of the difference and post/update this post later.

Last edited by nzeder; 12-04-2013 at 12:09 PM.